This summer I had to use Outlook 2007 with Microsoft Exchange server. It was also integrated with Cisco’s WebEx. This combination was so efficient that I started to wonder why I did not use Outlook in school.
But after a one semester trial, I am completely disappointed. Apparently Outlook is not intended for use with an IMAP server. Each time it would take almost minutes to load messages. For Thunderbird, it was merely seconds on the same server.
Apparently Microsoft developers are aware of this problem, but it is not fixed yet. There are hacks and suggestion to improve it, such as this one. Unfortunately these “solutions” don’t fit my needs and I am back to using good old Mozilla Thunderbird.